Monday, May 11, 2009

A Fabulous Day for Mommy!

What a wonderful Mother's Day!  The boys (all 3 of them) made me feel so special.  
Gill planned an entire day of activities that he knew I would enjoy. 

Actually, Mother's Day started on Saturday when Gill surprised me with a Mommy and Me portrait.  
I am thrilled to have a picture with my boys, especially one that turned out so well.

On Sunday, Mother's Day, I woke up to a gorgeous bouquet of roses and 2 beautiful cards.

After breakfast, we joined our friends, Brian, Johanna and Rosie for strawberry picking at the local farm.
Our families had a great time together.  
Finnegan realized that it was easier to "pick" strawberries from "JoJo's" basket than to pull them off the vine.
 
Patrick had a great time, but needed to rest, picking strawberries is exhausting!
 
After the farm, the boys had a special surprise for me.  Gill picked up lunch from Dean & DeLuca and we went to the Charlotte Botanical Gardens for a picnic lunch.  It was fabulous and my favorite lunch of all time!  We found part of the park that was completely empty.  The boys got to explore & kept coming back for some snacks and Orangina!


This is my favorite picture, Patrick was helping Finn drink out of the big water bottle!

To finish off a great day, our neighborhood pool opened this weekend and we went for a dip.  The boys looked fantastic in their new bathing suits from Nana and PopPop.  They had so much fun splashing in the water!

It was a perfect Mother's Day with my boys - thank you, Gill, for making it so special! 

No comments:

Post a Comment