Thursday, July 16, 2009

Little Things Thursday

As you may know, the boys and I have been going to Storytime at the Library.  It's taken quite a while for them to get acclimated.   For the last few sessions, I have found the trick for Patrick.  When we walk into the room, I give him a sippy cup with apple juice and 2 trains.  He sits in the stroller, happy and a clam, and enjoys the music & stories.  He rarely participates, but that's OK.

Today, the first 10 minutes went as usual, but when it was time to dance, Patrick asked to get up.  PERFECT!  He danced with me and Finnegan.  Yes, he clung close to me.  No, he did not let go of my hand.  But we did DANCE!

After, the kids were in the center of the room, but Patrick was still by my side.  I watched as a larger boy (in a crazy fedora hat, I may add) walked over to Finn and shoved him, knocking him over.  Before I could get to Finn, Patrick was there!  Patrick asked Finn, "Finn Finn OK?" and gave him a big HUG.  

Finnegan was fine, he was not hurt at all.  The only thing that ached was my heart.  Patrick overcame is fear of the large group for his brother, nothing could be sweeter - and I couldn't be more proud.

5 comments:

  1. Awww that was adorable! And I hated that kind of pushing stuff when my son was little..about broke my heart. My son was never the pusher

    tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is the quiet sensitive ones you gotta watch out for. Good job pitty-pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a witness to the entire scene, I can honestly say that it was such a sweet moment of brotherly love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet story! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG you guys are too cute.

    xoxo
    Nichols

    Miss you and please let me and Co know when you are in the Bay Area. We have to hang out.

    ReplyDelete