Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Crafts

I have tried to come up with Christmas Projects for the kids to enjoy during the Holiday Season.
I can't say that they have all turned out as planned,
but everyone has had fun, so I guess that makes them a success?!?!

Ornament Painting with Jack
The boys loved painting and swirling all the paint colors together.
Now, we have 2 ornaments in a beautiful shade of "mud".


Marshmallow Snowmen with Isabella
I tried to have the kids create snowmen out of marshmallows. Patrick refused to touch the marshmallows because they were sticky, and instead ate all the pretzel sticks that were meant for arms. Finnegan was so enthralled by the bowl of M&M's on the table that he could not concentrate at the task at hand while shoveling the little chocolates in his mouth.


Isabella was a good sport and humored me with this Marshmallow Girl that I helped her create
(she is supposed to have a TuTu around her waist).


Christmas Cookies
Today, we had success! We made Sugar Cookies. The boys were able to use the rolling pin and the cookie cutters all by themselves. When they had cooled, I iced the cookies and they decorated them.


Patrick and Finnegan greeted Gill with their cookie Masterpieces and we all enjoyed a treat.


Now, that's a Christmas Craft we will do again!


No comments:

Post a Comment