Monday, April 18, 2011

Mangia Monday

During my trip to Italy, I decided to document all my meals.
Looking back, I realize that I truly did EAT my way through Tuscany.
Everything was delicious and I do not regret one bite of it!

Please join me for my gastronomical tour:

My first meal in Italy was in this beautiful Trattoria hidden in the small streets of Florence.
The restaurant, Quattro Leoni, was absolutely amazing. (http://www.4leoni.com/)
It was wonderful way to start my adventure.

Grilled Vegetables, Fresh Mozzerella and Italian Bread

Asparagus wrapped in Proscuitto and Pecorino

Fiocchetti di pera in salsa di taleggio e asparagi
Fiocchetti is a new pasta for me. It was a little pouch and stuffed with pears.
The sauce was taleggio cheese and asparagus.

After strolling the Ponte Vecchio, I had my first of many gelato. I tried to choose flavors that were unique - Pistachio, Amaretto and Tiramisu, just to name a few!


Lunch at Villa Pugali

Antipasto - included cheese, mushrooms and grilled vegetables



Penne Marinara

Veal Marsala and Green Beans

Rehearsal Dinner

Fettucini Bolognase

Filet Mignon


Apple and Pine Nut Bread Pudding


My favorite course from the Reception:

Eggplant rollatini stuffed inside a crape and wrapped in vegetables - AMAZING


Post Wedding Luncheon

Raviloli Bolognase with a Parmasean Crisp


Veal and Grilled Vegetables


My last dinner in Italy

Spagetti Carbonara - my absolute favorite!



This was the breakfast every morning at Villa Olmi
(www.villaolmiresort.com)



I had several cappuccinos every day. Starbucks can't hold a candle to the Italian Cappuccino!

No comments:

Post a Comment