Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Too Big Tuesday

This past week, Sullivan learned the hard lesson, that he is not yet big enough for Kindergarten.  I won't lie, it's been hard.  While Patrick and Finnegan start their new adventure, Sully is left asking where the "Big Guys" are. It's hard having a quiet house, it's hard seeing them go to a new school, it's hard being left with Mommy, especially when you THINK you are a five-year old.

On their first day of school, Sully and I went to Discovery Place.  
He played with balls...
splashed at the water table...
built cars and ramps...
 gave me big smiles....
and then asked where the "Big Guys" were.

 On their second day of kindergarten, Sully and I played on the computer, then went to Nannie and PopPop's house.  Sully had snacks with Nannie, played golf with PopPop...
and then asked where the "Big Guys" were.

This week we'll start a bunch of new activities - Art Class, Story Time and Gymboree.   I'm looking forward to having special one on one time with my "Little Man."  And maybe, just maybe, he'll be so busy having fun with me that he'll forget to ask for the "Big Guys".

No comments:

Post a Comment