Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Age

I don't know if youth is wasted on the young.
Spending a day with my children does not make me feel old,
it makes me feel invigorated, inspired and young!

Today, as I celebrated my thirty-something Birthday, the boys brought me such joy.

I received lots of hugs, kisses and serenades of the Birthday Song


I enjoyed watching Sully share his Baby Love with Liliana while visiting with Johanna




The boys and I romped around the playground....


and, while I was trying to prove to myself how young I still am,
the boys were showing Mommy just what Big Boys they have become!


In the afternoon we had a treat that children of all ages enjoy - ice cream!




and played with Daddy on the playground!



After the boys were safely tucked into bed, Gill took me out for a night on the town.
We visited a new Brassiere that was fantastic! I enjoyed some of my favorite dishes from my youth (ie. Mid-Twenties in NYC) - Mussels, Frites and French Martinis!



It was a wonderful day!
And, while age is just a number, I loved that Patrick kept saying I was 22 years old!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!! You don't look a day over 22!!
    Sully is getting so big!! The boys are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reason they say Youth is wasted on the young is because most young people, unlike you, are not able to appreciate those precious days like the one you spent with your family. As long as you have that attitude, you'll never be old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roses are Red
    Violets are blue
    The Weltz clan says
    "Happy Birthday Aunty JuJu!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! Happy belated birthday to you!!

    ReplyDelete