Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Stalker

It appears that Patrick and Finnegan have acquired a stalker.  No matter where we go, there he is.  He shows up in the most unusual places; the bathtub, the bed, the dinner table and even church.  It seems that no matter what I do, I can't seem to shake this pesky stalker.



His name is Lightning McQueen, and he has followed my sons around for months.  It started out innocent enough, our friends recommended a movie the boys might enjoy.  Low and behold, they were right!  Patrick and Finnegan barely moved for an hour and a half while the watched McQueen race across the screen.  Soon, the boys started to request to see McQueen more often and I still didn't see the problem.  Now, however, it appears as though Mr. McQueen has become a fixture in our family.

He is the first thing the boys ask for when they wake up in the morning and the last thing they kiss goodnight when they go to sleep.  (No, I'm not holding a grudge because it used to be me).  No matter how I try, we can't seem to leave the house without Lightning.



And, if that wasn't bad enough, Mr. McQueen has decided to infiltrate Patrick and Finnegan's vocabulary as well:

Mom:  Patrick what would you like for Breakfast?
Patrick:  I eat LOSERS for breakfast, Mommy

(Mommy starts the car....)
Finnegan:  Focus Mommy, you are SPEED.

Lightning, I know that you are a very nice fellow and I appreciate your strong relationship with my sons, but can we have a little private family time?  Can I take the boys for icecream without having to order some for you, too?  Or maybe, just maybe, when I host a special holiday playgroup, you can wait and see if you get an invitation before you show up?  Is that too much to ask?




Oh, his goes for all your friends, too - Mr. The King, Mator, Doc, Sherrif and Chic Hick - my boys' hands aren't big enough to hold you all at once, but they keep giving it their best effort!

1 comment:

  1. Too darn funny!

    I knew they would love the movie, but had no idea of the obsession that would follow!

    So, who comes first - McQueen or Rocket?

    ReplyDelete