Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Nursery

Sullivan's Nursery is finally complete.
I love how sweet the room is, it is such a peaceful place to enjoy my sweet baby,
I thought I'd give you a tour...

The Entrance


Changing Station

The Peter Rabbit is from Sully's Godmother, Sara. It was her bunny when she was a child.

The gigantic piggy bank is a gift from Nana and PopPop
and it is sure to be filled with Pop Pop's gold coins soon!


My Corner

I love rocking Sullivan in this chair, we do it several times every day. This chair was once in the boys' room and, while, I'm not that sentimental, I don't think I could ever part with it. This chair is where I bonded with my sons.

Suzy and Paolo sent Sully the playmat.
It is soft, cushy and Sully loves the bells that chime when he hits the turtle or frog.

The beautiful bookcase is a gift from Johanna, Sara and Jennifer.
I love the bookcase - it is filled with books that I read to all 3 of my boys.

The blanket that drapes the chair was made by my mom when she was pregnant with Suzy.
I watched her make it and when I asked her who it was for and she replied "the baby", I was none too pleased. Therefore, she gave this blanket to me and made another for baby Suzy!


Sullivan's Bed

Not only is Sully's bed comfy, but it is surrounded by such special items.

Melissa made the beautiful letters that hang above his bed. Each one is so special and unique.

Nana and Pop Pop gave Sully his "lovie" that hangs on the rail,
I know he will want to cuddle with it while he sleeps very soon.

The blue blanket was made for him by our neighbor and friend, Susan.
It is so comfy, we use it often while rocking in the chair.

Sara gave her Godson the Peter Rabbit Mobile -
he squeals with delight when the music is on and the sweet animals circle around his head.


The Big Wall

The large wall in the nursery has lots of great treasures for Sullivan:

A Silver Flask - gift from Aunt Nancy and Godfather Mike, engraved "Do Not Open Until 2031"
Personalized Bible - gift from Godmother Sara
Blue Bunny - A gift from the Parkers that I know Sully will love as much as Aidan and Ella love theirs
Blanket - Made with Love from Nana especially for Sully - it will be treasured always.

There are many other special items on this wall, and in Sully's nursery, that are so special to our family.


Sullivan's Nursery is such a special place, it is by far my favorite room in the house.
I hope you enjoyed the tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment