Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My Chair

4 years ago, while preparing for the arrival of the twins, I found a perfect chair for the nursery. It was so comfortable, that I fell asleep in the store while trying it out!

When Finn and Patrick were born, we spent hours a day in that chair. I nursed them, rocked them, and even napped with them while curled up in our soft green glider.


Gill would read to Patrick and Finn every evening in the chair...


and, of course, Mommy posed them for MANY a picture while propping them in it!


When the boys got older, the chair became a prop for many mischievous adventures. This picture was taken in 2009, right before they got behind the rocker and pushed it over! After that, the chair was officially removed from the room.


Not long after, the chair was loved again. Sully and I have spent a lot of hours this past year curled up in it together. No matter how hectic our day was, I knew it would end cuddling with Sullivan in the nursery - our own quiet Mommy & Me time.


Today, we said "goodbye" to our chair, as we sent it across the street to the Pluchos Nursery. While I'm sad to see it go, I know it is time, as Sully is trying the same maneuver his big brothers did to flip it over.

I'm so happy to know that another mom will rock her twins to sleep,
and another dad will read bedtime stories to his children in this chair.
I wish Melissa and Chris years of happy memories in the rocker.


2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post!! The boys just grow up before your eyes! We are so grateful for your generosity and can't wait to continue the happy memories in the chair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember too many times finding Juliane sleeping with the twins. But I must admit sleeping in that chair too! Lots of love in that chair and I am happy it is going to such a great place. So funny to that I remember finding it at USA baby and yes she did fall asleep in it at a cmoms event!

    ReplyDelete