Friday, August 5, 2011

Child's Play

Yesterday, I turned 22 for the 12th time. Why 22? I don't know, but long ago I told P&F I was 22 years old, and it has stuck. I'm fine with them announcing to the world that their mom is 22 years old.

In reality, I acted more like a 4 year old yesterday.

The boys and I tore through the wrapping paper to discover some great presents...


we spent the morning playing with Isabella, Jenna and Melissa at Sports Connection...


and the afternoon having ice cream with the Weltz Family.


Mommy and her boys!


Sometimes we forget that even though we are adults and parents ourselves, we will always be someone else's child. And, a parent always knows how to make their child smile, no matter if they are 4 or 34. My parents, for instance, knew just what would make me happy - Chocolate and Shoes - does it get any better?!?! Thanks Mom & Dad!


Gill and I ended the day together - sharing yummy food and adult beverages...


and then indulging the child within at the movies with Harry Potter.


I spent my birthday surrounded by my children, embraced by my friends, loved by my parents and holding the hand of my husband - it couldn't have been any better.

(you may have noticed that Sullivan is not in a lot of these pictures.
This is because he too was acting his age - a toddler who has learned to say "no")

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Aunty JuJu! You are so important to us and we loved sharing a small part of your birthday with you and the kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday, looked like a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete