Friday, August 26, 2011

Speedway!

Today, Sara and I to the Charlotte Motor Speedway for an autofest.

Patrick and Finnegan were thrilled at the size of the track and in awe -
it really was impressive.


There were all kinds of vehicles to explore - Sully loved this little truck.


We even got to see the new Batmobile and the car from Ghostbusters.
(P&F have never seen the movie, but we've been singing the Ghostbusters song ever since!)


We finished our visit to the speedway the only way I could see fit - with a race!
I'm pretty sure we weren't supposed to, but no one stopped me when I lined up 5 little boys (one in a push car) and we raced down to the cones. It was not an easy task, I didn't realize just how angled the track was - but we did it! We raced on a real Speedway!


Checkered Flag - here we come!


No comments:

Post a Comment