Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

Yesterday was my (insert very young age) Birthday.  It was a great day!  
My guys showered me with flowers, gifts and the promise of a night out with Gill!

After breakfast, the boys and I headed to the Parkers for a playdate.  We had a great time and were pleasantly surprised when the Weltz clan showed up as well!  Even though there were 7 kids playing, it was surprisingly calm.  Once playtime was over we went to Brooklyn Pizza for lunch.   (Nice mother I am, my big head blocked Patrick from the picture!)

The afternoon was quiet, but when a beautiful Edible Arrangement arrived from my parents and sister, it wreaked havoc.  Patrick said "ohhh, flowers!"   I tried to explain to him that it was fruit, but he would not hear of it.  Finn and I enjoyed the pineapple but each time I gave it to Patrick he said "no" to the "yellow-apple".  On my final attempt to offer him the fruit Patrick said 
"Listen Mommy, NO APPLE".  He sure told me!
My birthday ended with a night out with Gill - it was perfect.  We went to Sushi 101 while Paula, our fabulous sitter, was home trying to coax Finnegan to sleep or at least make sure he didn't wake Patrick.   It was great to come home to a quiet house with 2 sleeping toddlers!  What a fabulous birthday!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you had such a wonderful b-day :)
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HAD NO IDEA THAT WAS YOUR BIRTHDAY!! I WOULD HAVE GIVEN YOU A FREE NIGHT!! HAPPY SUPER LATE BIRTHDAY! YOU'RE A BEAUTIFUL PREGNANT LADY.

    ReplyDelete