Thursday, December 29, 2011

Gifts

Today, a friend asked me what was my favorite gift from Christmas, given or received.  My first thought was my new camera from Gill, as now I can take better pictures of my boys, faster!  But, then I realized, it was not the best gift of Christmas, not by far.

For the weeks before Christmas, Patrick kept saying that all he wanted from Santa was a sailboat for the tub.  He even drew a picture of him receiving his boat:
On Christmas morning, Santa did not disappoint.  Patrick opened his first gift to find a set of 3 sailboats.  My sweet boy exclaimed, "Great!  Now I have one for Finn and one for Sully, too!"
His immediate generosity and love towards his brothers, reflected what Christmas is all about.
And witnessing it, was my best gift of Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment