Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Easter Bunny is NOT Funny!

Last year, Gill and I strolled into the mall with our boys perfectly dressed in Easter clothes from Nana and PopPop.  Gingerly, we put the boys on the Easter Bunny's lap and played Peak-a-Boo to get them to smile for the camera.  I don't think they even realized the bunny was there and certainly we not traumatized by it.  
We walked away with 2 happy babies and a great Easter Photo.


This year, the boys have opinions about the bunny, VERY STRONG OPINIONS!  After bringing the boys to the mall by myself (I figured the lines would be shorter on a week day), we waited for 20 minutes to see the Bunny.  Finn tried to escape the Bunny's area twice before it was even our turn to pose.   
Patrick "agreed" to sit on the Easter Bunny's lap if I gave him his snack trap with animal crackers.  Finnegan fought me the whole time and kicked the Bunny's shin right after this picture was taken.

Why do I do it?  Because I can!  Because, as crazy as the morning was, and as unhappy as the visit made the boys, I will always remember it.  I can always look back and say "Yes, we saw the Easter Bunny every year." 
 And, for blackmail of course.... 
just wait until the boys start bringing girls home and I show them these pictures!  ;)

1 comment:

  1. Oh man they are getting so big! yYou know when they put something next to something else for size comparison? the easter bunny is the thing and this photo shows growth over a year man o man how are we ever going to feed these two?

    ReplyDelete