Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Our New Playroom

When we first moved into our home, Gill and I wondered what we would ever do with all the space.  3 years, 2 toddler boys and 1 dog later and we laugh at our full house.   We realized that what we were lacking was a playroom for the boys.  A large, safe place for them to explore, create and be boys!

So, we worked up a plan.  We converted 2/3 of our two car garage into a great playroom.  Gill was amazing, he drew the plans, bought the supplies and made it happen.  One Saturday, he and our friend, Brian, spent all day in the garage and when it was done, we had walls!

Then it was my turn to paint the walls.  Gill left the design up to me, and I had a blast creating!  I tried to make it as bright and cheerful as I could, and I think it was a success.  The boys love the animals, insects, fish,  cars, and, of course, the picture of Maggie.
Once the murals were finished, Gill stepped in again to install lighting, a ceiling fan and a padded astro-turf carpet.

After about 3 weeks of work, we had made an amazing room for our children.  The boys love it.  We play in their room for hours each day and now, the rest of our house seems roomier! 

1 comment: